Wednesday, March 31, 2010

awareness day


Today I walked around school and tried getting signatures for my “Better roads without higher taxes” petition and let me tell you it was a struggle. My partner and I had the most trouble with trying to get the adults signatures. The adults were unwilling to sign my paper and said “I support your cause but I can’t sign your paper.” Are you kidding me? This is why nothing gets done because people like that. By the way they acted toward my organization I think they would careless for better roads. The students had no problem signing the petition and they even seemed more involved then would have imagined. I got a little over 200 signatures and other peoples inputs about the roads today. I say it was a success in getting information out but also a lesson. A lesson that describes some peoples attitudes toward change.

No comments:

Post a Comment