Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Small construction Vs. Large construction


I was speaking among my fellow peers about Rhode Island and construction. We had a conversation about how they always seem to be doing construction on the roads and bridges. I was stuck because I think the roads are bad but they always seem to be working on them. Why is that? I came to a conclusion; we always have workers on the road working on the small construction. The construction that will last a year, stop people from complaining but also is cheap. What I realized is from this short term construction it only creates bigger problems. To fix a pot hole they fill it up with cement but this cement creates a bump and this bump creates cracks. I think you know what all this causes damage to your car. Wouldn’t it be smart to just hold off on filling the pot holes and just redoing big section roads? Most of the roads that have pot holes would benefit having the whole road done anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment